On this episode were fortunate to speak with some local entrepreneurs who not only started a new business in Macomb, IL, but they are kindred spirits because they named it “Forgottonia!” Sean West and his partners Scott and Susan Park of Forgottonia Brewing in Macomb, share their story on starting a business and how they are incorporating Forgottonia history. The essential question we asked is “What Does it Take to Run a Successful Business in Forgottonia?” We hope you enjoy this conversation and if you have any questions or feedback we’d love to hear from you.
Sources: Audio included in our podcast for this episode comes from the following.
- Our Town (1940) Directed by: Sam Wood, Produced by Sol Lesser Productions, Starring William Holden, Martha Scott, and Fay Bainter
How you can contact Sean, Scott and Susan
- Forgottonia Brewing Webpage
- Forgottonia Brewing Facebook Page
- News Article – “Forgottonia Brewing Opens in Macomb“
Be sure to join us as we try to learn all we can about this topic. Subscribe to our blog and get all new content sent directly to your inbox. Follow us on social media (we are on Twitter and Facebook) and search iTunes or wherever you find podcasts to subscribe to our Forgottonia Project podcast.
Additional links to our research about Running a Business in Rural America:
- Season 2 – Podcast 03: Forgottonia Brewing – What Does it Take to Run a Successful Business in Rural America?
One Reply to “S2, E3 – Forgottonia Brewing: What Does it Take to Run a Successful Business in Rural America?”