Have you ever wondered who lived a long time ago in the very place you’re living right now? Did you know there are incredible ancient cities that existed right here in IL? And that people have been trying to find out for years what happened to these cities.
On this episode of the Forgottonia Project, we are pleased to share our interview with Cahokia Mound’s archaeologist and author, Bill Iseminger, who will help us tackle these questions and more. Bill is the author of the book Cahokia Mounds: America’s First City and has been an archaeologist at the site for 49 years before recently retiring. He was recently honored with his own “Bill Iseminger” day at the Cahokia Mounds museum in Collinsville, IL.
Thanks to Cuba High School Students: Alex Moore, Andrew Christian, Jack Cozart, Audrey Cozart, Nic Houston, Garret Fawcett for conducting this interview.
- Tour of Cahokia Mounds with Bill Iseminger (YouTube)
- Bill Iseminger Day at Cahokia Mounds (Museum Website)
- Cahokia Mounds: America’s First City by Bill Iseminger (Amazon)
- Augmented Reality (AR) Project at Cahokia Mounds
- VIDEO – The Dickson Mounds Story
- VIDEO – How Hollywood Stereotyped Native Americans
- VIDEO – History Channel, Ancient Mysteries: Inside the Secret Mounds of Pre-Historic America, features an interview with Bill Iseminger, Narrated by Leonard Nimoy
- Music from Pixabay
- Featured image “Sunrise at Monks Mound” and “Bill Iseminger” photo taken from Cahokia Mounds.org
One Reply to “S4, E1 – The Mystery of Cahokia Mounds with Archaeologist Bill Iseminger”